Scotland on Tap logo

Issues and complaints

Problem with your retailer?

Your retailer is there to provide the necessary support and guidance, and to ensure that you accurately receive the services you are paying for at all times. Retailers act as a bridge between business customers and Scottish Water. As such, they are responsible for ensuring that your billing is accurate and that operational requests (such as new connections, disconnections, metering or service issues etc) are raised with Scottish Water on your behalf.

If you encounter any issues, your first point of contact is your retailer.

Your retailer should be able to provide the necessary assistance. For further information, you may also wish to visit the Frequently Asked Questions section.

If you are a non-household customer and you wish to make a complaint about individual customer circumstances that relate, for example, to specific contract, charging, operational or service issues, you must first contact your retailer to resolve any issue through their formal complaints procedure. Further information regarding each retailer’s formal complaints procedure should be available on their website or by phone.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your retailer’s complaints process then you may have your complaint reviewed by the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO). The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public services in Scotland. Their service is independent, free and confidential.

You can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman at:

Freepost SPSO (this is all you need to write on the envelope, and you don't need to use a stamp)

Telephone: 0800 377 7330 or 0131 225 5300

Address: Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

Bridgeside House

99 McDonald Road